I went to Las Vegas! It was fab.
In the meantime, it’s almost the 4th of July! So I’ve done something lovely for you (and very fun for me, getting to browse lots of blogs I love) and gathered lots of wonderful 4th of July recipes in one place. Some are red, white, & blue…some are just one of those colors. Some are none of those colors, but sound delicious and summer-y nonetheless. Most are sweets (duh), but some are not. Now…click away!
- Cracker Jack Peanut Butter Popcorn Bars by Gingerbread Bagels are no-bake and practically no-cook. Important in this crazy heat.
- Blueberry Lemon Layer Cake by Ryan Bakes would be impressive at any party.
- Confetti Cheesecake Cupcakes with Cake Batter Frosting by Confessions of Cookbook Queen sound ridiculously awesome, and would be so easy to make red, white, and blue!
- Star Studded Mini Pies by Our Best Bites look super easy and super cute.
- Oatmeal Raspberry Bars by Bake or Break would be perfect to take along on a picnic or to a bbq.
- Buttermilk Pie from Buns in My Oven. If you’ve never made buttermilk pie, you need to jump on this Southern bandwagon and get to it.
- Sweet Peach Tea Tiramisu by Heather’s Dish sounds so different and creative and refreshing. Plus, doesn’t everyone like tiramisu?
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Cake from Cheeky Kitchen is easy to dress up with summer berries. This recipe has a secret that you’ll only find out by reading it…
- Snickerdoodle Cookies with White Chocolate Red Hots Ice cream from Fields of Cake. Ice cream sandwiches are the best!
- Honey Strawberry Shortcakes with Honey Cream Cheese Whipped cream by What Katie’s Baking….classic strawberry shortcakes with a sophisticated twist.
- S’mores Dip by The Cupcake Theory are perfect if you’re lacking in the campfire department.
- Lemon Buttermilk Sherbert from Bluebonnets and Brownies. Buttermilk is the perfect summertime ingredient!
Breakfast-y Things (and one drink)
- Easy Strawberry Bread by Blue Eyed Bakers. Easy + strawberry = a win.
- Strawberry Lemonade from La Casa de Sweets is what I want to drink everyday when I come in from the pool.
- Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls by La Petite Baker. Like your favorite breakfast treat in a pretty summer dress.
- Blueberry Meyer Lemon Muffins with Streusel Crumb Topping from Fifteen Spatulas look like the best blueberry muffins ever. And I’ll never say no to a streusel topping.
- NOLA Crawfish Boil by Cajunlicious. Crawfish are red. And delicious. Don’t be intimidated. Boil it all up, dump it on some newspaper, and go to town.
- Homemade Cheez-Its from In Katrina’s Kitchen could be dangerous. Never buy the ones in a box again!
- Guacamole from Eat, Live, Run. You can’t have a party or celebration in Texas without guac. I think this should be a rule everywhere.
- Burger Pickles by Kate From Scratch. I could easily make a meal out of pickles. I love them, and these look fantastic.
- Sundried Tomato Hummus from Pinch My Salt is red, and delicious, and so easy. What more do you need for the 4th?
- Patriotic Potato Salad by Mele Cotte is the perfect side at any July 4th celebration!
I haven’t decided what I’ll be making for the 4th yet, but this list gives me some good ideas. What will you be doing to celebrate? Thanks for reading, happy baking, and happy 4th of July!