It’s that time again in Michigan. That time, about mid-way through the summer, when it becomes glaringly apparent why I moved here (besides that thing about residency). You can pick ALL the things yourself.
Well. Here we are. A month into 2016 and here’s what I have to show for it:
- I learned that you can remove gel nail polish at home on your own. You don’t HAVE to fall into the trap of “oh I need to go into get this polish removed…so while I’m there I should probs just get them re-done”…but that will probably still happen.
- We have a surplus of dips at our apartment because Super Bowl. Want to come eat chips and dip with us?
- I bought a new planner, and to make myself feel more accomplished I write down things I can easily check off. Not quite to the point of “brush teeth” as a check box, but we’re getting there.
- We’re adjusting to grocery shopping for both of us slowly but surely. It is shocking the amount of broccoli and brussel sprouts we eat, mostly because we eat roasted vegetables all the time all the time for every meal.
- ( ^ that’s to balance out the excess chips and dip)
Is that a long enough name for a cookie?
Has it been a long enough time since I wrote a blog post? Or should I stay away for another, oh, I dunno FOUR MONTHS.
I would like to take this opportunity to make a post-dated announcement: Fleur-de-Licious went on a brief hiatus, due to…intern year. It’s the real deal. These 80+ hour work weeks are no joke. But if my New Years Resolution is going to involve cookies and stuff (like, making and eating more obvi), then I see this as a perfect time to make another announcement: FLEUR-DE-LICIOUS IS BACK Y’ALL.
I don’t mean to brag but…I read a book for fun last week. A whole book. That had nothing to do with school. Cover to cover (first page to last page, as it was on iBooks).
Last weekend, I went to Newport, RI, for a wedding (gorgeous, obvi). Then I unpacked my suitcase within 3 days of returning. Whaaaaaaaat who am I???
I made and went to an optometrist appointment this week. You know, because I haven’t been able to see so good for the past 9 months or so, and I figured it was time to go and get a new contacts prescription.
I’m currently three days into fighting the jet lag battle. (I’m not winning).
Apparently, losing the battle is pretty normal. You know, when you’re coming back from ASIA.
BECAUSE THAT’S WHERE I WAS, Y’ALL.
I was there for 25 days and I still kind of can’t at all believe that that happened. Let’s talk through it!!
Well we are just swapping cookies all the over the place, aren’t we? We were so excited to be able to participate in the 2nd annual Great Food Blogger Cookies Swap! There is absolutely nothing better than a surprise package of cookies waiting for you when you get home at the end of the day!
Sometimes things seem too good to be true. Like when I bought a pint of “ice cream” entitled “Arctic Breeze” that said it tasted like ice cream, but only had 80 calories in the whole pint!!!!
It most definitely did NOT taste like ice cream.
Or when I thought that the j.crew factory sale ad that said “50% off everything” meant 50% off the already-super-low prices in red, when really…those were 50% off. (This obvs did not keep me from buying a new wardrobe.) (more…)