Oh, man the last few weeks of my life were a blur.
A caffeine-fueled whirlwind of legal learning.
Lucky for you, I did quite a bit of stress-baking along the way.
Seriously. I think there were days in there where I was operating on only caffeine and sugar.
I am a paragon of healthy habits.
My car definitely smelled like a terrible mix of Red Bull and coffee. And my trash can had more than one empty Sour Patch Kids bag in it.
At the time, it seemed like a good idea. Kind of like “Whatever works, right?!?”
Having had a few days to sleep and eat normal things and combat the crushing withdrawal headaches I’m having over returning to a normal coffee consumption level, I’m slightly horrified. Thanks, body, for not staging a full-scale revolution against my inhumane treatment.
The results of my stress-baking aren’t very holiday-themed. And I feel like you probably deserve better, considering it’s Christmas eve and I abandoned you for almost two weeks there. I hope you’ll accept these Joy the Baker S’mores Brownies (even if they don’t scream “Christmas!!!!!”)
Makes one 9×13 pan
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 sticks unsalted butter
6 oz unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped
1 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup graham crackers, very coarsely crushed (use your hands, you want pretty big chunks left)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease one 9×13 pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- Over a double-boiler, stir chocolate and butter until melted. Let cool slightly.
- Beat eggs, sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl until combined. Add warm chocolate mixture. Stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in graham crackers, and then pour batter into prepared pan. Dot the top with your marshmallows. Joy suggests using 12, but I say use as many as you want!
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 30-40 minutes. Let them cool for at least 20 minutes before you start to cut into them.
Recipe from Joy the Baker’s cookbook
Lately, I’m pretty much obsessed with anything that includes s’mores flavors. I don’t know why I’m at all surprised considering The Sandlot is one of my all-time favorite movies.
What I’m saying is, expect a barrage of s’more-themed recipes from me in the next few weeks.
Hope everyone has been having a wonderful holiday season so far! Merry Christmas Eve (if you’re into that kind of thing)!!
Bake with love!!