Does anyone else think that we should bring back the Valentine’s shoebox “mailbox” that we all had in elementary school? We could decorate them. And fill them with Toy Story Valentines. So far, haven’t been able to convince anybody. (Hopefully people know what I’m talking about and don’t think I’m crazy.)
Anyways. Here is some stuffs to make! Even if you hate Valentine’s (I know you’re out there (but not sure why you can’t just appreciate all the chocolate)), these things will still taste good. Promise.
- The Weatherman and I are making this Creamy Caprese Pasta from How Sweet Eats. Pasta is default romantic, right?
- Need something simple and pretty? Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce from Pioneer Woman.
- Do we eat things that aren’t pasta? Sometimes. But not when it looks like this. Spaghetti with chile, shrimp, and tomatoes from Italian Food Forever
- Red Lentil Dal is a flavorful, unique way to incorporate that color…
- Make pizza! Specifically, this pizza: Wild Mushroom Pizza with Caramelized Onions and Fontina
- This Simple Winter Salad with Blood Oranges from 52 Kitchen Adventures is gorgeous
- Multi-course romantic dinners should start with this Roasted Beet Soup with Creme Fraiche from Bon Appetit always. How gorgeous. And good for you!
- Melted cheese and Bourbon somehow seems like the most romantic thing in the world to me. Thus, try this Brie en Croute with Brown Sugar, Bourbon, and Pecans from Ezra Pound Cake
- Beets were made for Valentine’s Day. Make this Beet Ravioli with Ricotta, Goat Cheese, and Mint.
- David Lebovitz makes White Chocolate and Sour Cherry scones.
- What’s prettier than Broiled Grapefruit with Brown Sugar? Very little. From Sweet Treats and More.
- Banana Bread Pancakes are nice, and you can even say they’re healthy.
- Of course, Joy the Baker made the prettiest donuts in the history of the world: Pink Raised Doughnuts with Toasted Coconut.
- Don’t like coconut? Try these Chocolate-Glazed Blood Orange Donuts from Pickles and Honey!
- Second pancake suggestion (because pancakes say “I love you.”): Smashed Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Pancakes from Joy the Baker.
- These Whole Wheat Raspberry Ricotta Scones are beautiful and delicious. Eat them!
- And, of course, chocolate for breakfast with these Chocolate-Chocolate Chunk Muffins from Brown Eyed Baker.
- Thank you Martha for elegant-izing the Ding Dong: Handwritten Valentine’s Cupcakes.
- Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies from The Curvy Carrot.
- Easy Strawberry Heart Oreos on 30 Handmade Days
- Serve this Heaven and Hell Cake with raspberry sauce for the best of lots of worlds – from Whisk Kid
- Gorgeous. White Chocolate and Raspberry Heart Cheesecake from Real Mom Kitchen.
- Chocolate-covered Strawberry Crumb bars? Ok!
- Red Velvet Cheesecake from Brown Eyed Baker. Two layers of cheesecake, two layers of red velvet cake, cream cheese frosting, and a whole lot of indulgence.
- If you’re feeling real fancy, you should make these Red Velvet Macarons from Delectable Deliciousness.
- Wanna buck the red velvet trend this year? Hows about some Lemon Shortbread Heart Cookies from Bon Appetit?
- I want this French-Style Strawberry Yogurt Cake with Whipped Cream and Berries right now.
- Delicious chocolate fix for the end of the evening from Smitten Kitchen: Hazelnut Truffles.
- Delicious chocolate fix, take 2: Nutella Truffles with Frangelico. Courtesy of My Baking Addiction.